Tuesday 2 July 2024

2024 BreyerFest Horse Roundup

 How can it be July and this be my first post of 2024? I think that pretty much sums up what this year has been like. Well it is July and we are posting which can only mean one thing, IT'S BREYERFEST! I cannot believe how close it is my brain honestly still thinks it is like March and certainly isn't coping with us being half way through 2024 already.

But I did, amongst all the brain fog and general uselessness that has plagued this year remember to buy BreyerFest tickets, which is something, because I honestly nearly forgot. But we have them and we have even remembered to send in our special run preferences. As always stupid teaching job and stupid English term times mean I cannot attend in person but I will happily be spending the weekend watching performances, crafting and generally refusing to engage with society (that's actually a lie I have a dog show to attend on the Saturday at which every year something awful has happened so we are really looking forward to that).

With all that in mind let's do a roundup of the 2024 BreyerFest horses with my, as always, incredible hot takes. I mean it wouldn't be BreyerFest without my slightly unhinged commentary would it?

Special Runs

Can't Hold Us Down

I'm actually now regretting not putting this guy higher on my choice list. The colour is just beautiful on her and although I'm not an Indian Pony fan I love how creative and unusual this girl is. 8/10

Miss Independent

If I get picked for this thing I'll cry. Urgh. 0/10

Sorry Not Sorry


I actually don't really have any words for this one. Just meh. Unusual colour good, glossy good, but very white so less good. Also all Salineros lose 20 points because of that flipping stand. 3/10

This is My Fight Song


I know this is a popular one but I am still not 100 per cent sold on the mould (yes my five key is still broken and no I refuse to get a new computer or fix it). Colour is nice, he looks different. 5/10


SURPRISE


I thought it would be Croi but she's an auction model so that's my guessing done with.

The Edge of Glory


I love this guy, so annoyed he isn't available online! He looks like he's going to have a really lovely colour. Also bonus points for gloss. 8/10.

Fighter & Survivor


I put this pair second on my preferences just because the foal is cute. I really am not a fan of the mare but her colour is really nice. Hoping they do a glossy split, can you imagine her in glossy? That would get the score right up! 7/10

I Will Survive

Why do they keep making the other equine in person only *cries in donkey tears*. I love this guy so much. I need him. I treasure him. I adore him. I wants him. 10/10

Better Than Revenge


This is going to shock everyone but...I don't like the decorator. I know it's a zebra. I know it has pretty coloured stripes. I know I should like it. But I don't. I just don't. Went lower down on my preferences list and caused me to have a small existential crisis. 4/10

Limited Editions

Always Chipper

Like the mould, colour is a bit standard but can see him as a treasured pony club pony so gets a mark for that. 5/10

Alan a Days Work


I. AM. IN. LOVE. THIS IS MY GOAL. THIS IS MY LIFE. THIS IS MY DREAM. Last year I saw a spotted mule for sale like 30 minutes from my house and I think the biggest regret of my life will now always be not buying him. Mules are perfection. Spots are perfect. This is perfection. I need at least 50. 100/10

Gascon the Great


No one makes slightly dull looking models like Gascon. 2/10

Blue Zeus


Nice colour but that mould is SO THIN. It's like someone has squashed it with a steam roller. Too thin. Needs to eat more Greggs and become a chonk. 4/10

Just Like Fire


I much prefer the colour on this decorator, I like that his feat are blue and he isn't just ooo fire orange. It adds personality. Mould choice is perfection. 6/10

Fortitude


There's a crystal Breyer stuck in a box in my duck shed that I can't get to. Fun fact. 5/10

Best of BreyerFest - Series 5

I didn't get last year's set because it sold out before I got home. Maybe this year I'll have to resort to buying my horses in a lay-by near Gloucester again. I love the glossy chestnut and the Irish Draught not too bothered by the rest 7/10

Wild Things

Am bored of this mould 2/10

Percy


By default all plush get 10/10 even if they have weird eye brows

Other Stuff

2024 Celebration Horse - Athenian Lady


Genuinely love this model. I am really falling in love with the Dundee mould and this gorgeous chestnut is just perfect. I love her cute little wonky stripe, it is most adorbs. 10/10

Single Day Stablemates that are not single day Stablemates but my brain can't handle change and we are just going with it.

Make It Pop Like Champagne



0/10 - ugly mould, ugly colour, ugly horse

Blue Jeans


1/10 blue is nice

Waiting for that Green Light


3/10 because the shade of green is nice. But also we can't get angry at me for stupidly long model horse names now.

Suddenly I was Lilac Sky


This one is definitely the nicest colour of the bunch and this mould is kinda growing on me. It suits the decorator colour. 8/10

If you've got this far well done! I'll do an Auction Horses round up once they're all released (there are some real beauties so far). Have a fun Tuesday, I'm off to see if that mysterious box in the duck shed actually is a crystal (and by I'm what I means is I'm going to make Brendon climb over a tonne of boxes and through a rat nest to investigate whilst I stand and watch)

No comments:

Post a Comment