Wednesday 6 February 2019

Behind the Scenes at Chestnut Ridge

It's been a long time since I've done a behind the scenes post, in fact it's been so long I don't think I've actually done one at the new house.

So pull back the curtain, go through the key hole and see where all your beautiful ponies come to life!

First up we have the tack making desk, complete with the infamous tack making horse (who now has a friend) along with lots of tools, supplies and reference books! O and my plate from my after work snack :p


I am well aware that I need to tidy my desk...this is where I do most of my work, I spend a lot of time staring out that window into the darkness and trying to come up with inspiration about the latest webpage or idea!


The room is literally filled with draws, all filled with various important things. Such as this draw that contains all the things we put in your parcels, from our free guides, free gifts and even the little postcards we add.

And this draw that contains all my packing supplies. Yes all the parcels are currently coming with narwhals on. Because we are all that cool.


There are also shelves filled with files, storing boring things like proofs of postage, receipts and invoices, but it's OK I've added unicorn lights and rosettes to make it look prettier :D


Out of the study and into the pony room! The light is really poor in here because the fitting needs changing and the window is blocked off! It's better during the day with the door open.

Here you can see the very messy table with light tent on! And a few models just casually living on top (including a lovely RubberNedz belonging to Laura :p)


Some more of the shelves, sooooo many ponies!

Down below are the stables and our resident mischief maker, apparently he is having a quick snack at the moment! I think I need to put him back in his stable.


On the landing is my trophy cabinet (the rosettes are just randomly around the whole house at the moment...)


Now onto the store room which is in desperate need of organisation!


This is actually the outdoor toilet! It's sorta been joined to the house...and I have no need for an outdoor privy, so it's filled with boxes of ponies! All piled on top of said toilet :p Because that's a totally normal way to store stock right?


More files! Sooo much paperwork...and a random assortment of Breyers, dinosaurs and other things, such as my tack!


Onto the painting space, please excuse the fact that the men have been encroaching into it with their boxes of building materials (again).

Here we have shelves full of bodies (prepped and unprepped)


The actual desk, that like all my other desks, is in desperate need of a tidy. I've been doing 'actual' painting recently so those paints are in the painting booth!


Uncle Toby has been banished to the paint shelves as he was spending waaaaay too much time near the solvents again...


O and look what I found on my travels, somebody had only just got out of bed, such a hard life to be a Caesar.


I hope you enjoyed this behind the scenes tour. I would love to see pics of your studios as well if you want to share them :D

No comments:

Post a Comment