Saturday 23 January 2021

Namopaimo 2021

 I can't believe it is nearly February already and with just over a week to go I have finally started work prepping my 2021 Namopaimo model.

Don't know what Namopaimo is? Check out the Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/234123470349077 

I was feeling really indecisive this year so instead of choosing my own model and colour I let the wise people of Facebook choose. And actually I think they made a pretty good choice!

I presented them with a choice of ten different models. The most popular one was this beautiful Edgar Allen resin:



This model was actually my Namopaimo 'prize' from two years ago. Edgar Allen was the first resin I ever painted and I'm really excited to be painting one again.

He didn't need too much prep work thankfully. As you can see he has a few exposed wires and he also had a hole in his back that I've filled. Once the epoxy putty has dried he will be ready for a prime (which has to be done in a shed at the bottom of the garden *yay*). I'm hoping to take him and a few others out there tomorrow.

I can't find my dremel though so the others (which include some CollectA and Schleich) are taking some time to prep!


Now for the colour. Again I gave a choice of ten different colours. The winning choice was 'rose grey'. That makes me really happy as it is one of my favourite colours to do!

But I also like to give myself a bit of a challenge during Namopaimo so I have deliberately chosen a reference picture with loads of dapples, because I really suck at dapples, so I'm hoping that will be a nice challenge and chance to improve.


I think the colour will really suit him :D

I also think it is fitting as my current Edgar Allen, Patience, is also grey:


I'm hoping there will be a nice contrast between the two which will show improvement (I'd like to think I've improved over 10 years...but who knows)!

Working from home also means I don't have the horrific two hour drive home at the moment, so that gives me more chance to paint in the evenings. I have started to do a bit of work on some customs and trying to get back into it.

The plan is to do mainly pastels, but I'm wondering whether to use thinned down acrylics for the dapples, I feel like that will either work well or be a complete disaster, I guess we'll find out!

Now roll on February :D








1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I think that'll be a really good colour for him, I hope you'll show your progress on here, too?

    I was feeling quite tempted to take part in NaMoPaiMo for the first time, cos it's been such an isolating year, but as I'm not on FB I don't know if there's much point and I may as well just carry on painting without calling it participating - it'd just be me talking to myself on my own blog (as usual!) so I wouldn't feel like I deserved to use the NaMoPaiMo name and pretend I'm part of something I'm not really in on!
    Think I'll just be a spectator, and try to keep up through people blogging their painting to make up for not seeing the FB posts ;)

    ReplyDelete